Frequently Asked Questions
Neither a fertilizer nor a pesticide, Biostimulants are a wide range of biological products that enhance nutrient assimilation and plant development and growth. They can be compared to vitamins that some of us take to reduce the chances of getting sick, to combat fatigue, or to improve our mental performance. The European Biostimulant Industry Council (EBIC) defines them as "substances and/or microorganisms whose function (when applied to plants or the rhizosphere) is to stimulate natural processes to promote nutrient absorption, nutrient use efficiency, tolerance to abiotic stress, and crop quality, regardless of the nutrient content of the biostimulant." There are several categories of biostimulants. The most popular ones include algae extracts, plant extracts, humic and fulvic acids, liquid manure composting, and beneficial microorganisms such as bacteria and fungi. Biostimulants have been shown to enhance various factors that affect plant growth, including root growth, root diameter, water retention capacity, improved nutrient absorption and utilization, and more.
Biostimulants stimulate natural processes to promote efficient nutrient absorption, plant growth, tolerance to environmental stress, and contribute to increased crop quality and quantity. Biostimulants are products that reduce the need for fertilizers, promote plant growth, and enhance resistance to abiotic stress caused by factors like drought, extreme temperatures, and salinity, while also contributing to crop quality. Advantages of using biostimulants include:
- Stimulating plant growth and flowering
- Increasing crop productivity and reducing losses
- Boosting yields and crop quality
- Promoting germination and root development
- Enhancing resistance to environmental stress, including cold, frost, and drought
- Increasing soil fertility and improving post-harvest life.
Seaweeds are naturally rich in alginates and complex sugars, making them resistant to extreme conditions in the sea. Seaweed-based biostimulants are known for their positive effects on plant growth and root systems, increased fruit production, and crop yields. They also enhance resistance to abiotic stress. Our seaweed-based biostimulants are non-toxic and effective for:
- Stimulating growth and flowering Improving fruit quality and size
- Enhancing photosynthesis
- Promoting germination, emergence, and root development in plants
- Increasing stress resistance for better crop yields, even in cold, frost, and drought conditions.
Plants can experience significant and varied biotic and abiotic stress at all stages of their growth. Biotic stress results from harmful attacks and actions of living organisms, such as insects or fungi. It includes pathogens or diseases (fungal, bacterial, etc.). These types of stress can be regulated by biopesticides. Abiotic stress, on the other hand, results from environmental conditions, such as thermal stress, water stress, nutritional stress, and oxidative stress. These types of stress can be regulated by biostimulants. BioSun products play a key role in the plant's ability to adapt, tolerate, or resist these different stresses.
Biopesticides, or biological pesticides, include products based on plant extracts, microorganisms, and natural substances produced by plants and animals to combat certain pests and diseases. The benefits of using a biopesticide include:
- Increasing the natural resistance of plants
- Stimulating plant defense mechanisms
- Reducing the need for conventional pesticides
- Providing a preventive approach
- Helping protect plants with fewer chemicals
- Being environmentally friendly
- Being less toxic than conventional pesticides.
You can order our products directly online through our website. BioSun also distributes its products through an authorized network of sellers. Contact us to find a point of sale near you.